Monday, July 18, 2011

Bret Hart Addresses The European Tour Incident



Bret Hart has a new blog post up where he addresses the recent incident on the WWE European tour where some of his belongings were stolen, here are a few pieces of it.

"On another thankful note, I wanted to say that my recent WWE tour that landed me back in London, England's 02 Arena, Brussels, Belgium, Mannheim, Cologne, and Nuremberg, Germany and capped off with an amazing couple of days in Istanbul, Turkey. I usually try to write about my wrestling life experiences such as being the enforcer in Randy Orton's bout, but I'll skip right to one of the highlights of my storied career: standing in as the #3 man of the Hart Dynasty, David Hart Smith (Harry Smith) and Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), throughout the German leg of the tour. The Nexus crew were spoiling for a pier 6 brawl and they got one; one that landed one of them in the sharpshooter every night. It was such a thrill for me to live a sweet dream, perhaps Davey Boy Smith's dream, but a sweet one all the more knowing that when young Harry was but a lad, he never ever stopped believing he'd someday grace a WWE ring. Even as a mere boy, I think we both often wondered if somehow, someday, somewhere we'd team up and work together. Same for Tyson Kidd, whom I've also known since he was around 10 years old. Like Harry, he too, never gave up on his dream of doing the same. As for Germany, I can't think of a better wrestling environment to let that wonderful dream play out. Thanks to the Hart Dynasty for letting me be part of the show, thanks to my German fans for coming, and lastly, thanks to the WWE for letting me have this special moment at this stage of my life and career."

"The only sour note was the loser who stole my ring jacket. I fully expect that this thief will eventually wear it only to be mobbed and stripped of it by my fans over there, who will always be on the lookout for it. No real Hitman fan would want to steal from me! It's all the more frustrating since nearly all my career ring jackets have been stolen mostly during my WCW days. I'd have someone take my jacket at ringside and never see them again. It got so bad that, as ridiculous as it is, I stopped wearing jackets because that hapless company of inefficiency couldn't stop letting them get stolen. Anyway, one more gone and, like always, I'll simply get another. Enough on that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts