Thursday, December 3, 2009

David Beckham Images and Wallpapers

David Beckham has endured a rocky relationship with fans in Major League Soccer since his return from a loan spell with AC Milan. In his first game in Los Angeles, a friendly against Milan, the Galaxy midfielder was booed roundly and he suffered similar abuse in the next game, away at the Kansas City Wizards.

Speaking to the press in the Home Depot Center, Beckham said that he is, “Just ignoring it as much as I can.

“I think that's the way you have to deal with these things, because when it happens sometimes it can become a distraction not for myself but the team.”

Several banners have popped up at games taking shots at the England international. One merely read, “Repent 23.” Heading into a friendly against Barcelona in the Rose Bowl, Beckham says he's not particularly worried about the treatment he receives or what banners are on display.

“I wish I had the time to make banners,” he said, whimsically. “If they put up more banners, that's down to them. I've had it a lot worse than I've had it here. If it continues then it continues. I'm not going to lose any sleep over these banners and these people.

“Over the years when I have had abuse from fans I've always been able to react in the right way of scoring a goal or winning a game or assisting. I've been able to do that in the past so hopefully I can continue.”

When the reaction was most intense, in the Milan friendly, Beckham confronted a fan at halftime. He appeared to signal that the fan should join him down on the pitch. When the fan complied, he was hastily apprehended by security personnel. For that incident, MLS commissioner Don Garber fined Beckham $1,000, but Beckham said the two haven't discussed his behavior.

“He came out with his statement. I know I have to behave,” Beckham said. “At the end of the day, there's going to be occasions where you take situations into your hands when maybe you should or maybe you shouldn't. I'm 34 years old.

“I've spoke to the owners of Galaxy of course and I've spoke to [LA head coach and general manager] Bruce [Arena] and the rest of the players. As long as they're happy with me and the way I play and the way I perform then that's all that should matter.”

Beckham started to mention that he wished the fine money went to charity instead, but was hastily informed that it actually did. He brightened considerably and added, “I'll definitely be paying that then.”

david beckham pictures david beckham pictures
david beckham pics david beckham pics
david beckham naked david beckham naked
david beckham family david beckham family
david beckham family wife and child david beckham family wife and child
david beckham images
david beckham images
david beckham free stock images david beckham free stock images
david beckham modeling david beckham modeling
david beckham wallpapers david beckham wallpapers
david beckham hairstyle david beckham hairstyle
david beckham 23 shirt
david beckham 23 shirt
david beckham pics and wallpapers david beckham pics and wallpapers
glaxy club player david beckham glaxy club player david beckham
DAVID BECKHAM DAVID BECKHAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts